This article contains the following information:
EdReady uses a labeling convention called 'Categories' to indicate identifying characteristics of your students. The Categories in EdReady will be:
- School: this will get applied all users automatically when they first access EdReady from NCEdCloud. EdReady only displays the 6-digit School ID provided by NCEdCloud, but you can find the corresponding school name in EDDIE.
- If your users do not have a School assigned, their assigned school may not be one of the options loaded into EdReady yet. Please submit a support ticket so we can ensure that school is added for your LEA.
- Class: Math & Class: English: these categories are useful for grouping students into smaller cohorts in the reports.
For students: assigned sections (or a lack of sections) do not impact their EdReady experience: it is merely a labeling and grouping mechanism for the reports.
For staff: users will be able to see students in their assigned sections. If a user has no sections assigned, they will be able to see students in all sections for their assigned school. (Note: only for users whose role is updated to have access to reporting - more info here.) You can see more details about how users have access to see information in EdReady here: Understanding EdReady Permissions
Before students can be associated with their class section(s) or teachers can be assigned access to class(es), an EdReady Administrator (someone with role of "LEA Administrator" or "School Administrator") needs to create the list of classes for users in your LEA.
You can use whatever naming convention is appropriate for your LEA's Schools, but we recommend that you name classes in a straightforward way for students and instructors. For example: "Adams HS - Spring 23 - Ms Jones - 3rd Period". A consistent naming convention will make it easier for students to select their correct class and will make these values more intuitive for filtering students in the reports.
1. Login to EdReady through NCEdCloud
2. Click the Manage Account button from your EdReady dashboard to access the administrative pages in EdReady.
3. You will land on the Groups tab: click the Edit icon () for your LEA
4. Click on the Categories tab to see all available categories, then click the Edit icon () for the category you'd like to edit: Class: Math or Class: English
Note: you will initially be taken to the General Information tab for this Category - it is important that you DO NOT enable the 'Required On Register' setting. If you do, all students will be forced to select a class value when they access EdReady, even if they are not studying this subject.
5. Click on the Values tab
6. Click on the Create Value button to add a category value:
7. A pop-up window will appear: enter the name of one section and click the Save button
IMPORTANT: category values may not contain many special characters - commas, slashes, and colons are not accepted. Dashes, underscores, and spaces are all fine.
8. After saving, you will see an on-screen confirmation message and your section name will be listed in the table:
Repeats Steps 6 & 7 for each Class.
Once sections have been created, their label can be edited. They can be deleted if they are no longer needed, though a deletion will remove that value from any student/ admin user with that value assigned.
Navigate to your LEA's Category Values list for the Category you want to edit (steps #1-6 above)
To edit a Value:
1. Click the edit icon () for the item you want to update
2. A pop-up window will appear: edit the Name for this category Value and click the Save button.
3. Click the Cancel button to close the pop-up window.
To delete a Value:
1. Click the delete icon () for the item you want to delete
2. A pop-up window will appear: click Confirm to complete the deletion