This article contains the following information:
Once a student reaches the target score of 90 on their English Tier study path they are eligible to take their English Tier Test. Tier tests are summative assessments that show the student mastered the content in the tier. This is achieved by obtaining an initial diagnostic score of 80 or higher.
If a student has an initial diagnostic score of less than 80 they will work on the content to reach the target score of 90 then they will be eligible to retake the tier test utilizing the next available attempt.
- A student only has 5 test attempts for Tier 1 and Tier 2. If the student does not pass one of the test attempts with an 80 or higher then they do not pass the tier.
- It is important that students do not waste these limited test attempts: they should only be given access to a Tier Test when they are ready to successfully pass it.
- If a student earns a score of at least 80 on the initial diagnostic for any Tier Test, they are finished with the Tier and do not need to complete the other Tier Tests.
Instructions to Check Tier Tests
- Access EdReady by clicking the EdReady CCRG logo from NCEdCloud ()
- Click on the Advanced Reporting button () from your EdReady dashboard
- Under the Study Paths With Student Activity tab locate the study path you want to select and click on the Reports link in the Actions column.
- Click on the Student Data tab.
- Locate the student in the list below and check their Initial Diagnostic Score. (This will be the first score listed in the 'Score' bar and is denoted by a gray dot.)
- If the student has an Initial Diagnostic score of at least 80: they have successfully passed the tier.
- If they are in Tier 1 they move on to Tier 2.
- If they are in Tier 2 they have completed the program.
- The student DOES NOT need to complete any additional Tier Test attempts.
- If the student has a score below 80 they will work in this study path to reach the target score (90). Once the target score has been reached they are eligible to retake the next tier test.
- If they are in Tier 1 Test A, they move on to Tier 1 Test B
- If they are in Tier 1 Test B, they move on to Tier 1 Test C
- If they are in Tier 1 Test C, they move on to Tier 1 Test D
- If they are in Tier 1 Test D, they move on to Tier 1 Test E
- If they are in Tier 1 Test E, they are done working in CCRG and have not earned credit for Tier 1.
- If they are in Tier 2 Test A, they move on to Tier 2 Test B
- If they are in Tier 2 Test B, they move on to Tier 1 Test C
- If they are in Tier 2 Test C, they move on to Tier 1 Test D
- If they are in Tier 2 Test D, they move on to Tier 1 Test E
- If they are in Tier 2 Test E, they are done working in CCRG and have not earned credit for Tier 2.
**Please note that as the teacher you can determine when the student is ready to take another tier test, you are not required to open the next attempt unless you feel the student is ready. You may want to review the Student Specific Reports to check their study time and testing frequency.