This article contains the following information:
Permissions for Admin Users
There are three settings that determine what each Admin User (non-student) can see and do in EdReady:
- Role: determines the pages in EdReady the user can access and what they have permission to do there. For example: can the user access the Students list? Once there, do they have viewing, editing, and/or deleting rights? More information about EdReady Roles HERE.
- Subject: by default, all users have access to see student work in the CCRG Math and CCRG English study paths. If a user has only math or English assigned (more info HERE), then they will only see the study paths for that subject.
- Assigning a Subject doesn't impact the students that a user can see, but will simplify their view in the reports.
- Assigned Categories (School and/or Class Section): in addition to the user's assigned LEA(s), the Categories that are assigned (or lack of assignment), determines the specific data/ users the account can see on the pages their Role allows them to access.
- Categories are primarily used to limit a user's access to a specific subset of students in their LEA. More information on assigning Categories to Admin Users HERE.
- IMPORTANT: If no category value is assigned, the user will see data aligned with ALL categories. For example: if a user has no School assigned, they will see students/ data across all schools in the LEA.
A breakdown of how the assignment of categories can be seen in the below table:
Note: in order for a user to have access to a student's data where a category match exists, the student must just have any assigned section applied to their account. For example: if a teacher has the following sections assigned: "Jones 1st Period" and "Jones, 4th Period," they will be able to see students who are in either class section.
Impact of Categories on Student Accounts
We recommend that students update their accounts to indicate their school and CCRG class section(s), but this is not required for student use of EdReady. Students will be able to use EdReady with no assignments, but their teacher may not have access to see them in the reports until the student's account has been updated with the appropriate school and/or class section.
Updating Student Categories:
- For Students: GETTING STARTED: Update Class Section Assignments
- For Admin Users: Edit Student Accounts
- Note: any user who can access the student's account can update their categories, not just LEA & School Admins... but their teacher likely won't be able to see the student to make those edits until the correct section assignments are in place.