This article contains the following information:
User Account Creation
DPI and NROC have worked together to set up the NCEdCloud service so that it integrates with EdReady for single sign-on purposes. This means that accounts will automatically be created & users will be logged in: there is no need (or ability) for students to self-register or for an Admin to create teacher accounts.
Users will click the CCRG Logo from the system where they access NCEdCloud and a few items will happen automatically:
- EdReady will look to see if an account already exists for that user:
- If not, an account will automatically be created
- The user will be logged into EdReady
Users will all initially get accounts in EdReady with a generic role that has limited permissions: the CCRG icon is available to all Public School Unit (PSU) employees in NCEdCloud, so an Admin will need to give more extensive permissions for those users who are participating in CCRG.
The available roles are:
- Default: all users will initially be created with this role, which has access to no functionality in EdReady. All CCRG users should be updated to have one of the roles listed below.
- LEA Administrator: should only be assigned to the primary LEA Administrator for each LEA, assigned by DPI. This user has the most extensive administrative rights and can see and edit all objects for the LEA. They can also archive Admin User (non-student) accounts: any archiving/ delete requests for students still need to be directed to EdReady staff.
- School Administrator: the LEA Administrator is welcome to assign administrative rights to anyone who will help them fulfill their administrative responsibilities by using this Role. Users with this Role will have administrative rights to view and edit all users in their assigned school. They also can edit the category values (sections) for the LEA and Archive Admin User accounts.
- Instructor: users with this role will be able to manage students in their assigned school and section(s) and see their data in the reports. These users can also edit students' section assignments.
- Reporting-only: users with this role will only be able to view students in their assigned school and section(s) in the reports.
A more detailed look at these permissions can be seen in this chart: